1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hello, Guest! Do you have any shopping to do at Amazon? You can help support Magic Music by using our special link. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

CD/Music Stores in Manhattan?

Discussion in 'Archive' started by xtigger, Mar 31, 2004.

1. xtigger

xtigger New Member

Hello All,

A while back there was a post re: CD/Music Store(s) in Manhattan that carry hard-to-find Disney CDs.

Does anyone remember the name of the store(s)? I'll be in New York a few weeks.

Many thanks!!!

Jim

2. Tink

Tink Member

When I'm in NYC, I always check out Colony Music, in Times Square. It's about a block away from the TKTS booth. It is pricey, but always has a great selection all types of music and amazing imports/out-of-print stuff.

Tink

3. Gurgitoy2

Gurgitoy2 Active Member

Be prepared for some attitude at Colony though. The other place to try is Footlight Records on East 12th Street between 3rd & 4th Avenue. Be prepared for even MORE attitude there! Footlight has a lot more theme park and foreign stuff. You can occasionally find good stuff at Tower Records, but try the other 2 places first.

4. xtigger

xtigger New Member

Tink & Ben -- Great info! Thanks!!! -- Jim

5. SharonKurland

SharonKurland Active Member

I would agree with both of those responses. Those were the 2 "biggies" I used to hit when I lived in NY. There were other, smaller places, mainly in the Village, but it's been 15 years or more since the last I looked and who knows if they're even still around.

Though the Pink Pussycat Boutique is .

-Sharon-