1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hello, Guest! Do you have any shopping to do at Amazon? You can help support Magic Music by using our special link. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Beware of Itunes.....

Discussion in 'Archive' started by lilgerm, Feb 5, 2005.

1. lilgerm

lilgerm New Member

I just wanted to warn people when using itunes with an ipod...........................WHEN UPDATING YOUR SOFTWARE, BE CAREFUL WHAT COMMAND YOU CHOOSE!!!!!!!!

I just lost forever pvert 500 Disney tracks with no replacement. All original tracks were lost in a moving van a couple of months ago so I have no back ups.java script:cry()

Total loss..java script:embarassed()

WHile I am at it....is there anyone who can help retreive these tracks.

I would apprecaite anything at this point.......

I appreciate your time...... :-[

2. Zarpman

Zarpman Member

Might I add that one should never rely on the iPod's music library as a safe backup. It is only meant to be a copy of the library on the host computer. It is nearly impossible to copy tracks from an iPod back to a computer, and with it's small form-factor and internal mechanical harddrive inside it is prone to data loss much more easily than a desktop computer would.

Good luck in retrieving your tracks!

3. Dirk

Dirk Member

lilgerm without any further information what you did / what happened it is impossible to help you.

You may try your luck over at the boards of www.ipodlounge.com - but with a more detailed description maybe.

Yours
    Dirk

4. ex-wdi

ex-wdi Member

Actually - it's quite easy to copy tracks back from your iPod to the desktop using this application:
    http://www.drewfindley.com/findleydesigns/ipodaccess/

iPod Access is stable & easy to use - I've been using it for about a year & 1/2 now - after the same thing happened to me! I lost 20 gigs of mp3s.... So now I back them up as I turn them into m4as... I have about 37 cds of files - so even if my iPod fries, I have them backed up!