1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hello, Guest! Do you have any shopping to do at Amazon? You can help support Magic Music by using our special link. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Bass voice on Dinah Shore's recording of Bibbidi-Bobbidi-Boo

Discussion in 'Archive' started by rob kilbride, Feb 21, 2008.

1. rob kilbride

rob kilbride New Member

Sounds similar to Thurl Ravenscroft but I would have to guess it's not him. Sounds a little different. Does anyone know who the singer is? Seems like I've heard him before. It certainly could be Thurl although using a different inflection than he usually did.

2. FRAN?OIS

FRAN?OIS Member

3. LudwigVonDrake

LudwigVonDrake Member

The Mellomen did record with Dinah Shore as did The Sportsmen. My best guess is that it's not Thurl. Whenever I hear a bass solo on a record from that time period, I always listen to see if it's Thurl and I remember thinking it wasn't him.

4. rob kilbride

rob kilbride New Member

I don't think its him, but what gets me is there is something familiar about the voice. I love this track, it is the kookiest hut version of the song.

5. LudwigVonDrake

LudwigVonDrake Member

I just listened to the song and the men are The King's Men (Bud Linn, Jon Dodson, Rad Robinson, and Ken Darby). Who the women are, I have no clue. The bass is Ken Darby. I guess all those years of listening to "Fibber McGee and Molly" paid off :)