1. Hello, Guest! Do you have any shopping to do at Amazon? You can help support Magic Music by using our special link. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Backlot Express Area Music

Discussion in 'Disney Parks and Resorts' started by thx99, Apr 25, 2009.

1. Cmdr Crimson

Cmdr Crimson New Member

Does anyone know of a complete list of TV Theme Songs that play within Backlot Express? I know the Commisary Lane loop is different to this one since it has the themes from all the shows that aired on ABC. Whereas the Backlot Express loop has themes to MASH, Coach, Newhart, and two that still play in my head the first time I went in there in 07 was LA Law and St Elsewhere..Anyone Know?

2. Magic Music

Magic Music Administrator Playlist Author

See above. :)

3. TofuForBrains

TofuForBrains Member

No, no (she says, discovering this thread for the first time), they're quite right. A couple of years ago I definitely heard the theme to St. Elsewhere while eating some sort of southwestern-flavored salad with fried plantain thingies and black beans, which is still on the BE menu. Definitely sitting in the back part of the restaurant, and definitely TV themes. I am 100% sure because St. E's was my favoritest show, and I was quite excited to hear it. Haven't been in there recently, though (salad wasn't all that good...)

As for Derby, I vote for the lemongrass noodle bowl with coconut-encrusted tofu. Spicy and pretty freakin' awesome. (And vegan, to boot.) I have no idea what they play in there, though...usually slurping too loudly :)

4. Magic Music

Magic Music Administrator Playlist Author

It would have to have been at least a couple of years ago. My [post=29945]initial post[/post] above, dated 27 April 2009, was based on observations made the day before, so I know for a fact that there were no TV themes being played at the Backlot Express at that time. I don't go for the fast food junk, though, so the Backlot Express is not a place that I regularly visit, or visit at all, unless I've got some other reason to be there.

5. TofuForBrains

TofuForBrains Member

Yeah, I only ate there once, and only because my friend dragged me there to try the vegan version of the Southwestern salad. Perhaps the answer is that the Backlot Express CMs have a short attention span, so they require frequent change-ups of their music loops :)

6. Horizons

Horizons Playlist Author

I love fast food, but I haven't heard the loop in question, at least prior to 2007.

I've been trying to get Jay to eat the deep fried battered hamburger at the Cookes of Dublin, but he refuses. He doesn't know what he's missing out on!

7. Cmdr Crimson

Cmdr Crimson New Member

I know I'm bringing an old post back from the dead..However, recently I came back from a two week trip out at the resort and I did manage to go back to the Restaurant..They are still playing this loop of Theme songs that I mentioned before..I heard St. Elsewhere, MASH, Rockford Files, Barney Miller, Taxi, Sanford & Son, LA Law, Miami Vice, and a mix of smooth jazz songs...They must have recently turned this back on Because I haven't heard it in a few years..But, it is playing..

8. Pluchiot

Pluchiot New Member

I can confirm this. Three weeks ago I took 5 at Backlot Express and as it was the first time I had stepped foot since a season ago, you can imagine my surprise to hear 80s jazz and electric keyboard churning out ditties. Only recognized Sanford & Son though....was super long too, like almost 2-3 minutes.

Wonder if someone accidentally switched this loop on instead. Or vice versa if this is the true original Express BGM. Either way, it was unusual.

9. monorail91

monorail91 Member

I definitely heard the theme from "Tootsie" when I ate there last week. TOOTSIE