1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hello, Guest! Do you have any shopping to do at Amazon? You can help support Magic Music by using our special link. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Asking for BGM at Guest Services

Discussion in 'Archive' started by jmcalister, Sep 16, 2006.

1. jmcalister

jmcalister Member

To obtain lists of BGM from Disney, do you just go to guest services and ask for a BGM list in a certain area?

Thanks,
    jmcalister

2. Club 33

Club 33 Playlist Author

I think that is correct; though I've never tried it myself. If there is a specific loop you're looking for, try this site:

http://www.disneymusicloops.com

I believe that the Guest Relations lists just have the song titles, and not the artist or album info, but I could be wrong. Either way, this site lists lots of loops from the resorts and compiles info from different lists and sources.

3. xfkirsten

xfkirsten Member

I've tried several times to go in and ask about various loops, but the lists they have are VERY limited, sadly. :( Most of the time I get a "sorry, we don't have that information" for an answer. :(

4. JoeInJpn

JoeInJpn Member

A friend of mine recently asked Guest Information at Tokyo DisneySea for music lists and he was told that this type of information isn't released.

I've done it a few times and they have been quite cooperative.

JoeInJpn
    http://www.jtcent.com

5. X-S Tech

X-S Tech Active Member

I've gotten answers at both ends of the spectrum. Sometimes they have a ton of info and other times nothing at all. What's wierd is that, with all the nondisney music that some of the parks use now, especially film scores (DCA comes to mind), you'd think Disney should have that info available to guests. I mean if someone hears a piece they really like, and it's commercially available on a Soundtrack CD or something, but Disney won't tell them what it's from, kinda sucks for the Composer.

6. csblazer

csblazer New Member

It is odd, sometimes. I once asked Guest Relations at DCA for the background loop of Sunshine Plaza and got it, and another time got a shrug of the shoulders. It's a cast member luck-of-the-draw.

7. xfkirsten

xfkirsten Member

I know they definitely have that one... I asked about another loop once, and they pulled out a big binder and looked at the lists, but they only had Sunshine Plaza and I think one other loop list.