Tumbuka Tribe
Music Tradition of Malawi
 CD 

Read more about this playlist...

Magic Music

Administrator
Playlist Author
Much Ado About Arusha...
I am at AKL trying to record the Arusha Rock BGM, but, the music isn't playing. Come on Disney, work with me here...

The BGM in Jiko is different than the lobby BGM.

EDIT: No entrance music playing at DHS. 0/2 on my list of things to do today.

No Arusha Rock today either. ;)

Also, the pool area speakers were turned down so low as to be inaudible.

BLM07

Maybe they know you guys by now, and they are pulling a SILENT protest.

Horizons

Playlist Author
Reporting live from the AKL - No Arusha Rock music is playing. Maybe @BLM07's observation is correct.

I will now go hunt down a manager of the hotel and strike out, yet again, with my quest for the resort playlists.

almandot

shame too cuz I hear DDCT's background music is playing in 2 minutes over at MK and you coulda recorded that. :p

Horizons

Playlist Author
I just missed it. I am now recording the new BGM at The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh. It looks like they retired the 5 minute BGM sometime recently.

Damn, it's hot out...

almandot

I just missed it. I am now recording the new BGM at The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh. It looks like they retired the 5 minute BGM sometime recently.

Damn, it's hot out...
good news I hear it's playing tomorrow too and possibly all week. :p

Horizons

Playlist Author
I heard the rumour as well, but I thought sitting in direct sunlight, when its 94 degrees and 75 percent humidity, would be a good thing. But hey, who doesn't love Pooh music.

Maybe therapy isn't such a bad idea...

Horizons

Playlist Author
May 15, 2008: Music at Arusha Rock is still not playing. How can guests at the resort survive without the music?

Horizons

Playlist Author
May 15, 2008: Music at Arusha Rock is still not playing. How can guests at the resort survive without the music?

I know the Disney community has been in major suspense since my last report, on May 15, 2008, as to whether the Arusha Rock music has started playing yet. You can be relieved, as I will be bringing live reports from the scene as I am about to depart, once again, to the lodge.

I must beat Jay to the recording.

EDIT: Dead silence. Nothing to record today.

Horizons

Playlist Author
Did you inquire at the front desk? Obviously, a decision has been made to remove the music from the Arusha Rock area. Way too much time has gone by for it to be anything like a simple case of forgetting to turn it on.
You know better than to ask a silly question like that. The front desk keeps telling me engineering is working on it (but I am convinced they know nothing).

I don't think the music has (or will be) removed. I noticed that some of the speakers were replaced, so I am hoping the delay has to do with the construction of the new villas.

Magic Music

Administrator
Playlist Author
I am hoping the delay has to do with the construction of the new villas.
I don't follow you. What on earth would the new construction have to do with whether music is playing somewhere in the existing building?

Low voltage wiring for outdoor speakers will be among the very last things to go in. They're nowhere near ready for that kind of stuff. And I don't see any reason why the two buildings and their savannas would have to be linked in any way as far as background music is concerned. The buildings and their savannas will be far more removed from one another than Winter is from Summerland, where you've got the Beach Boys on one side and dogs barking out Jingle Bells on the other.

Do you think there is any truth to the rumor that the moment someone starts laying carpet over in the new villas that all of the toilets will stop working in odd-numbered rooms on the 3rd floor of the existing building? ;)

Horizons

Playlist Author
Back in February when I stayed at the lodge for a few days, the music was also down at Arusha Rock. After asking several times, I got someone from engineering to call me. I was told there was work being done in and around the savannas, in connection with the construction of the villas, and that they were working on getting the audio restored. Whether this is true or not, I have no clue.

I read somewhere that there is still work being done around the savannas. So I am just speculating that the same issue is occurring. As I said, there was work done since February on several of the speakers.

Magic Music

Administrator
Playlist Author
Back in February ... the music was also down at Arusha Rock.
We're talking at least four months without audio now.

I was told there was work being done in and around the savannas, in connection with the construction of the villas, and that they were working on getting the audio restored.
That just doesn't make any sense. Remember that we're talking about a few speakers placed inside of Arusha Rock, a small self-contained viewing area, a cage for the guests, that is located directly behind the hotel, and not any of the actual savannas. I haven't seen any work being done to Arusha Rock proper.

If they have replaced the GS3 OmniSpeakers with the new phallic-shaped ones, exchanging one set of +/- wires for another, I would hope it wouldn't take them four months to figure out why there is no sound coming out of them.

Horizons

Playlist Author
July 5, 2008: Dead silence yet again. Nothing to record. What are the animals going to listen to?

Perhaps Jay is correct, the area music is gone for good. :(

Marko

I wonder why Arusha rock is gone. It may be a malfunction or, as Horizons said, They are working on the audio restoration but four months....

Magic Music

Administrator
Playlist Author
Arusha Rock = 02:17:34

I'll let Ricky Brigante/ParkTunes fill in the rest of the details. After all, there are multiple sources on the Net for obtaining this information. :rolleyes: