Adventure thru Inner Space music by Buddy Baker

Hello,
In the world of collecting Disneyland music, the rarest of the rarest is the isolated music to the attraction Adventure thru Inner Space. I know a dozen of the most hardcore park music colectors. It seems that most of these people have EVERYTHING. Every isolated and mixed together element from 1955 to present. Every sound you hear on Huanted Mansion, Pirates, EVERYTHING. The Tiki Room material is complete except that some of it comes from cassette.
I have a very complete collection of audio for Inner Space. Demos for narration and songs, pre-showisolated music and narrations and sound effects, for the actual ride I have a complete mix and isolated Paul Frees narration along with load and unload spiels. I have the complete Miracles from Molecules (no, the Forever version is NOT 100% complete), and even a post-show that was never used, also, I have the a and b side of the reeased 7" and more! But NOBODY has the isolated music played in the actual attraction! WHY? Where is this? Whoever put together the ride-thru must have had it available. It has never been passed around in the underground collector's circle. It's great music by Buddy Baker. I really would like to know what has kept this absent. I've even had someone look in the Imagineering Sound Department and NOTHING! Anybody know anything about this?
Frustrated,
Louis Gonzalez ???

s8ntmark

You know I seem to remember something about when the Disneyland forever kiosks where up the reason the HM stuff didnt have Paul Frees's narration was because Disney had to clear it with the Frees family before they could publish it. Maybe the Adventure thru Inner Space tapes are in their possession.

Also, I just aquired a copy of the load track for Innerspace which was published for a short time on the DLF kiosks and it was weird. Usually, the sound quality of the DLF track is supreme but this track had hiss in it. It was a little disappointing. Maybe Disney doesnt HAVE the tracks for Innerspace anymore or, like I just said, they are the possession of another party.

Who knows...

Gurgitoy2

Well, at least one piece I know of is floating around because it was re-used for "Universe of Energy". "Mysteries of the Atom" can be found as part of the UOE stuff. It rang a bell as soon as I heard it, because it has that distinct late 60's "Disney" feel to it.

X-S Tech

anyone interested in great Inner Space Music should visit www.atommobiles.com and visit the sounds section. For a donation to the site you get a great CD with most of the stuff that Louis mentioned. Also I just found www.extinct-attractions-club.com which produces dvd's several of which contain bonus audio material. The Inner space DVD says it contains some demos of Miracles from Molecules sung by the Shermans, which I don't believe are on the atommobiles CD.

Many of the Disneyland "ride thru" tracks that were originaly used for early stuff on the DL Forver kiosks were source "mixes" done by a very loyal Disneyland employee.she's still there!!...........she was able to do mixes when DL had the original sound (tape) room....The Pirates, Haunted Mansion, Mission to Mars, Adventure thru inner Space....these were done 'privately' some in the nick of time too........many of these attractions would not have been available at all on theses kiosks had she not done these mixes diring the mid to late 80's.......so some were cleaned up from these mixes..........sometimes tracks were put on them that were on the mixing board.but for whatever reasons were not being heard inside the actual attraction........anymore.....Some of these mixes did have an amount of his.since they were being put together from the parls "playbacl" tapes and "tape-a-thons" and "audio-cartes"......later several attractions were re-done using WED?WDI master tracks.......Carousel of Progress in stereo for example...or the later Pirates mixesand mansion mix
An Inner Space was being prepared at one time too.

DC-88 SPACELINER

ex-wdi

But once again - no one seems to have these isolated tracks! Even though they had to be used to create the flow throughs....

X-S Tech

Couldn't the music have been mixed with the narration prior to making the rest of the flow thru and then lost? Perhaps the mixed version is all that was saved...

Since my only exposure to ATIS has been through the circulating audio, I'm surprised to hear there was underscore in the ride itself. I hope it turns up since Buddy Baker had no peer at that kind of thing in the Disney parks.

If it's lost, I hope the same fate has not befallen the isolated underscore for the original "Hall Of Presidents" and all the other tracks for "If You Had Wings". Too bad the WDW Forever kiosks didn't release more of that than the one Dixieland track since the ones I yearn for most are the initial female vocals as you enter the globe, the same group on the exit singing "You Do Have Wings" and the holding area/mirror room music. (I hope that one track was not a comment on all that's left!)

yeah......that "Dixieland" track from IF YOU HAD WINGS has always ticked-me-off. Probably the only time those tracks were going to be acessed and released, those folks in charge pick the oddest, smallest........and almost unrecognizable version of the attractions music variations. For a Tomorrowland attraction the main loading theme and song probably would have been more appropirate. I sure would have given up some Cinderella carousel tracks or some of the 400 tracks of Splash Mountain area music for even a hand full of IF YOU HAD WINGS...........

DC-88 SPACELINER

X-S Tech

The above mentioned extinct attractions website also makes mention of an upcoming "If you had wings" Dvd. Perhaps they'll have some audio available.

ex-wdi

yeah......that "Dixieland" track from IF YOU HAD WINGS has always ticked-me-off. Probably the only time those tracks were going to be acessed and released, those folks in charge pick the oddest, smallest........and almost unrecognizable version of the attractions music variations. For a Tomorrowland attraction the main loading theme and song probably would have been more appropirate. I sure would have given up some Cinderella carousel tracks or some of the 400 tracks of Splash Mountain area music for even a hand full of IF YOU HAD WINGS...........

DC-88 SPACELINER

Yeah - that irked me off too! I asked one of the people involved with making those track choices & he said that the team didn't care for the music too much - so they only picked one. A damn shame! Hopefully the rest of the tracks will come out at some point....

X-S Tech

They didn't care too much for the "If you had wings music" but they couldn't get enough of the Splash Mountain Area Stuff? ::)

"They didn't care for it"?? It's probably the best song Buddy Baker ever composed for a Disney ride as far as I'm concerned! With all the endless variations of "Grim Grinning Ghosts" out there you'd think we could have more than that one little crumb.

I suppose it's comforting to know that the rest of the tracks still exist and that somehow, someday in our lifetimes it will come out. Heck a year ago, I never thought I'd have home video of the ride again, but I do and there are three different live audio ride-throughs I've found which have enabled me to hear some of the nuances I'd forgotten.

I should add that the original "demo" tape for "If You Had Wings" has also worked its way into circulation with Pete Renoudet singing through most of it with female vocals but except for the beginning and end, the arrangements are much thinner and less fully developed then what was finally done.

s8ntmark

I just aquired the Pete Renoudet track and even though I didnt like it all at first, its one of my favorite tracks now! I love it, and I really have no recollection of the attraction having only ridden it once, a LONG time ago.

Also, I recently tried to piece together an isloated track of Innerspace music, thinking that the music loop wasnt that long...and it was folly...There just isnt enough music that isnt "covered" by Paul Frees's narration.

Big surprise, huh?

If you want to hear some live audio of IYHW and get a sense of how much fuller and better the music was then the Renoudet demo track try these links.

http://home.cfl.rr.com/omniluxe/iyhwlive1985.mp3

The above is the audio of the circulating home video.

http://www.kurtmiller.net/Disney/sounds/IfYouHadWings.mp3

This one is slightly truncated in spots with a few obvious jumps but the sound quality is so good that at first I thought it was mixed from the original elements rather than recorded live inside the ride itself (though it had to be)