1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hello, Guest! Do you have any shopping to do at Amazon? You can help support Magic Music by using our special link. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

A Question for Randy Thornton or Anyone!!!

Discussion in 'Archive' started by WDWGuy08, May 28, 2007.

1. WDWGuy08

WDWGuy08 Member

I have been hearing rumors, since March 2007, that there will be Expanded Score releases for Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl and Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest. Released sometime, soon. Can anyone confirm this? Mr. Thornton? Also, what can you tell me about these releases, if the rumors are true? # of Tracks, # of CD's... Please let me know, Thanks All and Take Care!

-WDWGuy08-

2. The Trout

The Trout Member

Since Black Pearl's score both a) sucks and b) is the same thing over and over and over again, I could live without an expansion. DMC, on the other hand, is more than worthy of two discs. That said, I don't imagine it'll happen - soundtrack scores have a seriously niche audience. The money to be had from an additional score release is minimal at best.

3. almandot

almandot Member

and yet oddly something like Shrek gets both soundtrack and score releases for both films :p

4. BLM07

BLM07 Member

For the record, I like Shrek's score. ;)

5. Club 33

Club 33 Playlist Author

Well, I disagree with you on the COTBL point, I personally like all three scores, but you are right about it being kind of a niche. That being said, the DMC soundtrack sold quite well and the remixes on iTunes have also done well. Therefore I would say it is not outside of the scope of possibility that Disney releases more of the soundtrack on iTunes, since there is a much smaller risk there and no need to invest in making physical CDs.

So it could happen, I'm not sure if it will.