A Musical History of Disneyland: The Facts

BLM07

Re:A Musical History of Disneyland ? The Facts

I hope the Haunted Mansion Holiday track is a flow through of the first version of the music, I love the original version. Also of course looking forward to all of the other redone flow throughs.

I tried to post this image in my first post but had some trouble. Thankfully, Mr. Schwartz came to my rescue.

So here is what "A Musical History of Disneyland" will look like. Though they are not pictured here, all 6 discs are picture discs reminiscent of the vintage attractions posters.

I've been going through ALL of these great posts and I plan to make a separate post to answer as many questions as I can.

Thanks for all your kind words!!!

Randy Thornton

s8ntmark

im sure all the tracks will be stereo wherever Randy could get a hold of stereo masters
That's a good point DD, I'm hoping that the music for Inner-Space was recorded in stereo, that would be an amazing attraction to hear like that :D

trentino

I've also attached a photo of the set to the bottom of Randy's original post at the top of the thread.

jmuboy

GREAT LOOKING SET the way everything is layed out in the boxes. I like the three circles making the Mickey Mouse head shapes.

Kenster

Mr. Thornton, Thank you.

This Disneyland fan appreciates you.

This is truly wonderful. Words cannot describe how happy I am.

You have forged new ground yet again.

The magic lives on.

atomobile

Sorry, don't mean to take away Randy's microphone, but here are some more answers:

- Yes, the Inner Space music was recorded in stereo!
-No, they are not using any of those tired old Forever tracks. We got lucky and WD Records splurged on new transfers/mixes. These are definetly new ride-thru's (i.e. Natures Wonderland (you will not believe how good the stereo Rainbow Caverns music sounds), Mansion, Inner Space, Small World, etc.
-Yes, the AA shows are all complete (America Sings, all 3 Country Bears).
-America the Beautiful is the 67 score which was the very first Circle-vision show. (previous shows were circarama, and trust me, only hardcore fans would want those)
-Fantasyland dark-rides are the 80's new Fantasyland versions. The original 50's versions used mostly film soundtrack elements. That is why Snow White is not here. The ride still utilizes film-music elements.
-The Golden Horseshoe Review has been restored even further and sounds GREAT.
-The Haunted Mansion Holiday is the first version of the soundtrack so it's completely different music than the CD that was already released. Yeah! :D
-The Tiki Room is the WDW version called "Under New Managment"....... just kidding!!! :D
-Small World is the 60's version (not the Paris version!)
-I don't remember if the original Country Bears was recorded in stereo or mono. I seem to remember that the music was recorded mono, but I could be wrong. Maybe Randy's upcoming "answers" post will clarify that. Regardless, we have a very short time left to wait for this release! Can't wait....
Your friend,
Louis

PS: Randy made some great choices here. I know not everything you'd ever wanted will be here (i.e. Parades and shows) but that would have to be like a 100 CD set. The best part is that we get all the musical attractions which has always been my favorite part of Disneyland.

I'm not sure about this, but I'd assume the individual voice and music tracks are available for the Country Bear Jamboree. . .

Of course, you could never tell from the sound system at Walt Disney World unless you listen carefully. :D

Gurgitoy2

Re:A Musical History of Disneyland – The Facts

Well, I'm not so sure that the CBJ tracks were recorded in mono, because Tokyo Disneyland's version is in stereo. Tokyo's is also not "newly recorded" either, so it's the original tracks. So, the stereo masters must exist somehwere, and hopefully Randy got ahold of them.

ArnyVee

I'm DEFINITELY purchasing this set! I might even buy two so that I can keep one preserved.

But, I wanted to thank Randy for giving so much joy to so many Disneyland fans by including such gems in the collection!

April 25th....include me as one of those folks standing in line (online) with my Disney Visa ready to go!

:'( :) :'( :)

That is supposed to be my teary-smiley face that Chevy Chase made when they arrived at WalleyWorld.

I have waited my whole life for this set. They will never top this. Thank you Randy, and anyone else responsible.

Just wanted to get in the big thread!

BLM07

Oh man, I've been looking over this list and noticing things that I've been wanting for a while. I wanted to get the MSEP / Fantasmic CD but never got around to getting it. I wonder how long the Splash Mountain and Star Tours tracks are? For America Sings I've only heard low quality DLF mp3s and now I'll be able to have a good version!

Am I right when I say this looks like the best theme park music release ever?! Before this I thought the 1991 official album was the best, but this will top even that.

mmmfan

Great set.Looking forward to hearing the music for the new fireworks show. :)

s8ntmark

Im curious about the Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh track from either the six disc, or the DL 2 disc sets...is that track a "Ride thru" with dialogue or is it the music track from the current WDW OA?

Just curious if anyone knows, no big whoop :)

rob kilbride

Great work as usual Randy! I can't wait to buy this. This may seem silly but I've been following posts about this set for a while, but haven't seen the release date. Could someone post it please? I was also wondering, are the discs popped into a regular type of holder as opposed to being in some kind of sleeves? I hate sleeves and always put my discs from boxed sets with them into slimline cases. I'll be getting this set regardless.

MansionFanatic

Wow this is an awesome CD set. I can't wait!!! Great work, Randy.
Does anyone know if you can order the CD set from DelivEars on April 25th, or do you have to wait until May 3rd?

jmuboy

Is it confirmed this set will be sold via Disney Direct starting April 25th? if so, Diseny Direct has FREE SHIPPING on all orders over $50 through 4/29/05.

netenyahoo

The set probably won't ship until after that date though as it won't be released until 5/3.