1. Hello, Guest! Do you have any shopping to do at Amazon? You can help support Magic Music by using our special link. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

A Happy Birthday Party with Winnie the Pooh

Discussion in 'Disney Recordings' started by makeminemusic, May 14, 2010.

1. makeminemusic

makeminemusic Member

I pulled out this vinyl yesterday and recorded it to post on WaltsMusic. I had not really looked at it or heard it before and was surprised by all I found! First, Louis Prima not only provides some narration but sings his version of "Winnie the Pooh". I have heard him do Mary Poppins but not this ;)
    Next, Sterling Holloway re-does songs he did in the movie version. I was pleasantly surprised that Tutti Camarata did not use the ones from the film soundtrack. One song on this album ("Love Goes Round on a Merry Go Round") was originally released on a 78 in the 1950s on a non-Disney label, however it belonged to Walt Disney Publishing which I guess they still owned it when they made this record. Last is the Birthday song by Jimmie Dodd and the Mousketeers. I had not heard this before, but is probably on an early MMC record. What I find interesting is that it is credited as being written by Camarata. Very nice!

You can listen to it here

2. Ross...

Ross... New Member

Thank you for putting this on your site. Interesting that it features full, uninterrupted Sterling Holloway recordings of "Little Black Rain Cloud" and "Up, Down and Touch the Ground". Not to mention Louis Prima- Randy... I want!