1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hello, Guest! Do you have any shopping to do at Amazon? You can help support Magic Music by using our special link. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

2 Archive Collections on iTunes

Discussion in 'Archive' started by MusicMoose, Nov 7, 2006.

1. MusicMoose

MusicMoose New Member

Right now it's only midnight on the east coast, but I thought I'd check iTunes for new Nov. 7 archive material.

At first, I could only find a couple of LPs that had been there before (such as Burl Ives), but then I stumbled onto Disney Archive Collection volume 1 & 2.

Okay, I was hoping to see full albums, but the vol. 1 set is an awesome collection. Thurl Ravenscroft singing "The Headless Horseman?" Yes, please! A new Von Drake track! Yes! Okay, I'm a happy camper.

Vol. 2 is aimed at a whole different crowd. Let's just say "Current Disney Channel" and leave it at that.

I see WonderlandMusicFan found an album I hadn't. I'm heading back to iTunes to check that one out!

Okay, this is just the beginning, and Nov. 7 is just underway, so I'm sure hoping to see more. If more whole albums don't show, I'm going to be disappointed. But, even so, the pain is eased by the fact that the Thurl Ravenscroft track is one of the greatest things I've ever heard!!!!!

2. merlinjones

merlinjones Member

So far I have located the following classic Disneyland/Vista LP's on iTunes (there may be more, but no overall category exists to search)!:

Hawaiiannette
    Annette
    Annette's Beach Party
    Let's Get Together With Hayley Mills
    Highlights from the Mickey Mouse Club
    Songs From the Mickey Mouse Club Serials
    Camarata: Alice in Wonderland
    Mary Martin: Hi-Ho
    Professor Ludwig VonDrake
    Mickey Mouse Disco
    Louis Armstrong: Disney Songs the Satchmo Way
    Camarata: Tutti's Trumpets
    Ukelele Ike Sings Again
    A Child's Garden of Verses
    Mike Curb Congregation: Disney's Greatest Hits
    Burl Ives Sings Chim Chim Cer-ee and Other Children's Choices
    Walt Disney Takes You to Disneyland

Walt Disney Records Archive Collection Volume 1 (various Disneyland/Vista sampler - some rare tracks) (Vol 2 is just new Channel stuff)

3. MusicMoose

MusicMoose New Member

Thank you!!!!!! Off I go to do some purchasin'!

4. merlinjones

merlinjones Member

I have wanted clean cuts from Mickey Mouse Serials for ages - - thanks, Randy!

I noticed no Wonderland system film soundtracks yet (Parent Trap, Babes in Toyland, etc - which were good sellers) - so I'm hoping for a juicy wave 2... and even more Annette!

5. MusicMoose

MusicMoose New Member

I, also, hoped Babes in Toyland would be available (seeing as I neglected to buy it at Disneyland *just* before the system shut down), but what's there is a great start. I'm very, very glad the Camarata Alice album made it, as well as Annette, Von Drake and the Mouse Club LPs.

Thanks, Randy - it's great to see this material becoming so widely available! The Headless Horseman track made my day - What an awesome surprise!

Hope to see more soon!

6. WishesFan

WishesFan Member

Wow, this is beyond incredible. Randy, you are AMAZING!!!!! :)